Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fall Has Come

Well, not really, but it's thinking about it. I see the cycle beginning. While Michael's parents were here, we had a 48 hour cool shot in the midst of days that reached the high 90s and maybe the 100s. Yesterday it was cool and cloudy and gray all day. This morning the temp in our house was 57! It's mid-80s now at 7pm, but windy and the wind is blowing around a few leaves already. I know the weather won't change permanently yet, but the hint of Fall is enough to make this Florida girl wonder if she's had enough warmth yet. Apparently the Farmer's Almanac, as well as some real-live farmers we know, think that Winter will come early this year and will be very cold and snowy. I don't really know how I feel about that. I actually have been disappointed with the lack of snow since I've move up here. On the other hand, and early, long, cold, hard Winter is not completely appealing, for some reason. I'm going to at least start praying that my flights out of Billings and back in from the family reunion will run smoothly. That's about all for now. Have a Happy Labor Day Weekend and try not to hate me too much for complaining about cooler weather as you sweat in the humid heat down south.
Love you all,
Christina

No comments: