Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back in the swing of things

Well, the weather has turned to more cool days than warm ones faster than I thought it would, but I do love seeing snow on the mountains. Michael took Haddie out hunting the other day and is ready for water fowl and big game seasons to open.

Last Saturday we had a block party to kick off AWANA. It was cold and rainy, so attendance wasn't as great as we would have liked, but everyone who came had lots of fun. Our first night of AWANA was good, as well. I am working with Sparkies (K-2) this year with their new material and am excited to spend more time with the kids I had in my Vacation Bible School class.

Beth Moore is in Billings and I'm excited to be taking 8 other ladies from our church this weekend. We are also starting to plan a craft-workshop-outreach-thing to see if it will give us the opportunity to reach some women from Columbus for Christ. Michael is planning a "Bless the Hunt" event for the opening of big game season. He is teaching "Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life" as a men's leadership development Sunday School while my Ladies Sunday School is working it way through "A Woman After God's Own Heart."

I'm looking forward to all that God has in store for us this Fall and hope that you will pray with us as we seek His direction for our family and in our church. We love you.

2 comments:

charlestonyaya said...

Have a great Beth Moore weekend!! I flew to San Antonio several weeks ago and saw her there with Kerry - our old neighbor from Summerville. She lives in Texas now where her most of her family is. See you soon, love, Kathy

charlestonyaya said...

Soooo - how was your Beth Moore weekend? love, Kathy