Sunday, March 30, 2008

Visiting In-Laws and Sunday School Lessons

As I write my second post in about a week, I'm really hoping that my loving aunts are giving as much flack to their own blogging-challenged daughters as they are to me :)

Well, I've got a busy week ahead. Micheal's parents are coming up at the end of the week. They are bringing Wanda's old car so they have something to drive when they come to visit and they will be here when Michael is presented with his preaching license. We are excited to be able to spend some time with them.

Also this week I'm going to be working to finish two Sunday School lessons in one so that for the rest of the year I will be teaching/outlining our Bible reading before it happens instead of afterward. I had thought of this a couple of times but not done anything about it, so God had one of my Sunday School ladies suggest it :) Isn't God good!

I now feel compelled to share with you a very interesting thing God has brought me to ponder through His word. In our Bible reading this week we started reading through Judges. Chapter 11 introduces us to Jephthah. Jephthah made a very unwise and rash promise to God and ended up sacrificing his own daughter in fulfillment of this promise (something that was expressly forbidden by God.) Reading this passage frustrates me because I wonder how someone could be so stupid. Two points: 1. It is amazing the things that don't seem wrong to us when we are far from the Lord. (or are mindlessly submerged in a culture that is far from the Lord) 2. I need to be careful not to commit myself to things without seeking the Lord's wisdom/leading in a matter first. I have several opportunities that have opened up for me this week. One is to enter the pharmacy tech training at the pharmacy where I work. This would usually be a two year degree but instead of paying for school I could get paid to work while I receive this training. The other opportunity is to be on the leadership team for the state women's ministries. How exciting! But I really want to know that either or both of these opportunities are what the Lord has for me now before I agree to either one.

Thanks for your prayers in this matter and your unending interest in our lives :)
We love you.

2 comments:

charlestonyaya said...

ummmmm - and which aunts would you be referring to?? love you both!! Kathy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.