Monday, March 24, 2008

Gee, I Really Wish You Would Blog More

So, an unnamed aunt (who is not actually a blood relative) called me just to say "You need to blog more!" :) She's right. I'm working on working out my schedule. You see, I now work Monday through Wednesday. I'm still trying to figure out how I worked a full-time job and kept my house clean. Maybe it wasn't all that clean or maybe my house now is a lot bigger. Anyway, I haven't figured out a good schedule yet, but I'm trying. So, enough of excuses, on to the updates.

I am really liking my job at the pharmacy. As I alluded to before, three days a week is feeling like full-time to me. I have a great time while I'm at work, but when the end of Wednesday comes, I'm glad I don't have to come back again until Monday :) We are still keeping ourselves busy with working on the house. From the sound of it you'd think we live in a fixer-upper, but we don't. We're just busy making it our own.

I hope everyone had a very blessed Easter Sunday. We started ours off with an outdoor Sunrise Service. When the service was over, the temperature was 15 degrees!! My fingers and toes were the only things that got cold, though. It was a really great service in conjunction with two other churches in town. Afterwards, we had breakfast at the church and then continued with Sunday School and our regular Worship Service. Michael did his first Lord's Supper service yesterday and it was really great.

Although the temperatures from yesterday morning might look otherwise, we have actually been pretty warm here since the middle of February. Since the warm-up started so early, we thought it would get cold again before the warm weather stuck around, but it's not looking like it. We have our days here and there, but mostly the temperatures have been getting up to between 45 and 60 for the last six weeks (that's quite toasty for this time of year up here)! Michael's hoping the cold weather will peak it's head out again when my parents come to visit in April :) I was ready for the cold to stick around a little longer, but now that it's been on the way out for so long, I'm starting to get Spring fever :)

All in all, things are going quite well. We are looking forward to the presentation of Michael's preaching license, which will happen on April 6th. That Sunday Michael will also give a 100 days report of all that has happened since we got here and cast a vision for the next 100 days. Michael's parents will be joining us for that occasion, as well, so we should have a very fun and exciting day.

2 comments:

christine said...

Thanks for the updates! Now how about some pictures of this home you are putting together?!

charlestonyaya said...

OK - so how about a named aunt -Kathy - who is a blood relative saying that YOU NEED TO BLOG MORE!! love you both, Kathy