Tuesday, June 19, 2007

General Updates and a Perfect Flan

Now that there is no more substitute teaching to be done, Michael is the newest employee at our Lowe's store. He says the work is pretty easy, he just has to get used to their system. Let's pray that they actually work around his mission team/block party schedule as well as they said they would.

Michael's parents came for a visit. I feel like they mostly sat around and waited for us to have time in our schedules to hang out - but they said they had a lot of fun. We really enjoyed having them here:) They are such a blessing!

We are well into the summer season of mission teams. Our first sports camp was last week. We have huge team this week that is putting on Backyard Bible Clubs as well as a team who is leading a Crown Financial workshop. We have other teams coming this summer for more sports camps and service projects. I'm having a hard time keeping them all straight. Pray that God would use them to minister to the community and draw people to Himself and also that God would use the mission trip to do a work in each team member's life.

Much thanks to my friend Maday who gave me her flan recipe. The first attempt was OK, but after I have adjusted for my oven, my husband is now more in love with me than ever! :)

That about covers all our news. Please continue to keep Landon Meese and her family in your prayers. We are praying for a miracle and for God's glory.

2 comments:

christine said...

If you would like to share that flan recipe I would be grateful. Do you remember Miss Maria from Montssori Children's House? She was my cuban neighbor who taught the spanish classes. She made the best flan, but I haven't been able to duplicate it. Love you! Aunt Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Good words.