Tuesday, April 17, 2007

We're back

We're back from our NC vacation and we had a wonderful time visiting all of our friends. Our travel experience was also very smooth - good weather for driving and flying. It was good to have down time to just hang out with our friends, catch up and see what God is doing in their lives. We bounced around from house to house sleeping on a different bed every night and squeezing in as many friends as possible. It was great! I was reminded again how much I love being round people who know my history. There's just something about not having explain yourself or wonder what the other person is thinking - you've known eachother long enough to understand. It's a blessing.

It was also a different kind of blessing to be reminded how lax I have been in praying for my friends. I know a lot of history for them, but I was missing out on a lot of recent happenings and opportunities to lift them up to the Father. I've decided to go back to a practice I was doing a while back - filling up a small photo album with pictures of people to pray for. When I traveled I used to take one with me but I think I will go back to my photo album as a remender to be more diligent in my prayers for my friends and family. So if there are any friends out there who we haven't seen and there are things that we could be praying about for you, we'd love to know.

No comments: