Sunday, August 12, 2007

Netty Pot

I do not often watch Oprah, but sometimes I have a day off or get off early and I take a peak. The last two times I've watched, Dr. Oz has been on. So, they demonstrated and sang the praised of the netty pot. With all the smoke and my aforementioned boogerie nose and Michael's bad sinuses, I decided to try it. I love it. It looks like a tiny teapot. You fill it up with warm salt water, pour it in one nostril with your head tipped to the side and let it come out the other side. When the water first starts going through all your sinuses, it sort of feels like accidentally inhaling salt water. Imagine that! But after the initial sensation, you don't really notice it anymore. I tried it and liked it. I thought it would be good for Michael, too, but I didn't think I'd actually be able to convince him. But I did! And it's really work for him with his tiny nostrils. Now I do it once or twice a day - whenever I feel a little stuffy. It softens everything up and washes it right out. Of course you're going to have to blow your nose a couple of times when you're done, but I'd rather have a bit of a runny nose than a stuffy nose any day. Let me know what you think :)

2 comments:

christine said...

i got one too and do use it some. i have to get the correct tilt of my head so the water doesn't make me feel like i am drowning!

charlestonyaya said...

so just where does one find this pot??? stay safe, love, kathy